Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lover's Knot by Emilie Richards

I stumbled onto Emilie Richards last summer. The quilt on the front of her book Touching Stars caught my eye. It is part of The Shenandoah Album series. I didn't know then that it was a series, and for that matter don't know now how many there are or what order they come in, I need to look that up somewhere ;0) Well I just finished another in that series Lover's Knot had to do with a old quilt in the lover's knot pattern.

I guess the quilt part fascinates me because my Grandma was a quilter, my aunt is still a quilter. Some of her quilts are beautiful! I'd love to know how to quilt a wedding ring or double wedding ring pattern, shoot to quilt at all LOL!! I wish that I had learned to do that from my Grandma before she passed away when I was 16. My mom does quilting too but not the pieced together block kind ;0). This was a true love story with a great history lesson tied in!

Here is the synopsis I found on
Lover's Knot:
"After narrowly escaping death, newspaper journalist Kendra Taylor retreats to a cabin nestled in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley to heal and sort out her feelings about her troubled marriage. The land was bequeathed to her husband by a maternal grandmother he never knew, and the cabin has been abandoned for years.

As she is welcomed into the rural community of Toms Brook, Kendra becomes curious about an heirloom lover's knot quilt, which is another piece of Isaac's unexplored past. The unusual quilt clearly has a story to tell, and Kendra is convinced that helping her husband connect with his roots might help him reconnect with her, as well.

At first Isaac's reluctant visits to the cabin only underscore the difficulties in their marriage. But as circumstances force them to piece together a new relationship, Isaac discovers that the history of a family he's never known might hold the key to his future.

As a passionate story of strength, loss and desperation unfolds, the secrets of two quilts are revealed and the threads of an unraveling marriage are secured. In the rich, evocative prose that earned high praise for Wedding Ring and Endless Chain, Emilie Richards crafts the third tale in the Shenandoah Album series, resonant with the power of love and family ties."

I looked on her website to see how many are in this series, looks like there are three listed on there, although the one I read last summer isn't even listed there. It begins with Wedding Ring, Endless Chain, Lover's Knot, then I'm assuming Touching Stars was the latest release ~ odd it Text Colorisn't listed on her own website. Regardless I love this series, I hope she writes more of these!

No comments: