Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Debbie Macomber's Call Me Mrs Miracle

Nothing says Christmas is coming to me like the release of one of my favorite author's Christmas book. Debbie Macomber has such fun stories at Christmas.....not that she doesn't all year long I'm just a Christmas person at heart ;) So I was so excited when I received an email with a offer of an advanced reading copy of Call Me Mrs Miracle for review.

It arrived and I tore into it, ignoring the stack of library books laying here and the baby quilt I need to get finished, sat down and began reading. It sort of has a Miracle on 34th Street feel to it, with the department store in NYC and such but it was all about the spirit of family, love, and Christmas.

The synopsis from her site:
This Christmas, Emily Merkle (call her Mrs. Miracle!) is working in the toy department at Finley’s, the last family-owned department store in New York City. And her boss is none other than…Jake Finley, the owner’s son.

For Jake, holiday memories of brightly wrapped gifts, decorated trees and family were destroyed in a Christmas Eve tragedy years before. Now Christmas means just one thing to him — and to his father. Profit. Because they need a Christmas miracle to keep the business afloat.



Holly Larson needs a miracle, too. She wants to give her eight-year-old nephew, Gabe, the holiday he deserves. Holly’s widowed brother is in the army and won’t be home for Christmas, but at least she can get Gabe that toy robot from Finley’s, the one gift he desperately wants. If she can figure out how to afford it…



Fortunately, it’s Mrs. Miracle to the rescue. Next to making children happy, she likes nothing better than helping others — and that includes doing a bit of matchmaking!


This Christmas will be different. For all of them
 
I read this one in a few hours, I was drawn to see what would happen to Jake with his father and their store. What would happen to little Gabe & his Aunt Holly? Well, let's just say I wasn't disappointed with the results. And I think....it's got me in the mood for Christmas already!!
 
And the book is being made into a movie for TV by HALLMARK CHANNEL. It'll air Saturday, November 27th at 8pm est. It's a sequel to a movie they aired last year too. I missed that one and I'll be out of state traveling the day of the 27th this year but I hope to dvr it and watch it when I get home. It stars Doris Roberts as Emily Merkle (Mrs Miracle), Jewel Staite, Eric Johnson, and Lauren Holly. I think it'll be a god way to officially 'countdown' to Christmas! You can see a clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A77IibjUDM

Thanks to Mrs Macomber, and Alana Signor for the chance to read this one & post my review!!

No comments: