Friday, May 9, 2008

Kristin Hannah

Let me just say she is now officially one of my new favorite authors. In the last month, actually the last few weeks I've read two more of her books. And can I just say WOW. These are stories that will stay with me for a long time to come, Magic Hour and The Things We Do For Love. Her name is definitely on my to be read list from now on until I read them all.

Magic Hour
Deep in the Pacific Northwest lies the Olympic National Forest– nearly one million acres of impenetrable darkness and impossible beauty. Even in this modern age, much of it remains undiscovered and uncharted. From the heart of this old forest, a six-year-old girl appears. Speechless and alone, she can give no clue as to her identity, no hint of her past…

The Things We Do For Love
The youngest of three daughters, Angela DeSaria Malone was always "the princess" of the family, a girl who thought she knew how her life would unfold. High School. College. Marriage. Motherhood. That was how it had gone for her sisters, her cousins, her friends. But it didn't work out that way for Angie. She and her husband tried desperately to have a child; year after year, their perfectly decorated nursery remained empty. Finally, their marriage collapsed under the weight of lost dreams........

No comments: