Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Shem Creek by Dorothea Benton Frank

Some friends had been talking about Ms Franks books and offering one to pass along to the next person to read. I was game, I very rarely turn down a book if it's free and highly talked about to read. I believe the first one I read was Ain't She Sweet or The Land of the Mango Sunsets. I've read several since then, this was the latest.

I really liked this one, you can read the first page of the book on her website.
It was a real southern tale, with romance included of course LOL!! I could just picture some of this area in my head, loving The Carolina's like I do.

So I've been busy reading as you can see and I got my hands on a copy of Jodi Picoult's new book yesterday that I'm dying to just sit and read & let everything else go but I can't do that, we've got a few major things going on around here this week!!

No comments: